What to do??

Hi everyone, so I’m not sure what to do...

I have step sister and she’s amazing! I would refer to her as my actual sister, but then everyone reading this would be confused since we’re the same age 😅

Anyways, we get along great and go to the same college and even have some classes together. We practically twins!! We’re one of each other’s best friends!

Well, I got engaged last year, but put our wedding to be in two years, which now is in late 2020. My step sister recently got engaged and has planned for her wedding to be a few months before mine. I’m perfectly fine with that, I mean I congratulate her on being able to plan a wedding so quick since I obviously can’t 😅

My only issue is she’s very adamant that we go dress shopping together. My dress has been close to last on my list, basically whatever money I have leftover after planning is my dress budget (currently $700ish). And I mean I still have about a year to get my dress and get it gemmed if need be.

Anyways, we’ve done everything together: prom dress shopping both years, school supply shopping, school clothes shopping, EVERYTHING. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved it! But is it wrong for me to want wedding dress shopping as a day to myself? I don’t want to hurt her feelings at all.

I mean obviously there are pluses to this such as our mom going (my step mom) and seeing both at the same time as well as a couple other family members. But what if we don’t want to go to the same places?

I don’t know, I could use some advice on this! I don’t want to hurt her feelings or anything, but I just would like a day to myself.