October baby

Cierra

Our sweet Carter Dean’s due date was November 26th, 2019. On September 19th I went for a routine appointment and my blood pressure (normally 110/90) was 177. They rushed me straight up to labor and delivery and straight to another hospital an hour away by ambulance to get the best care for my baby. They hooked me up to magnesium which literally makes you feel like you’re dying and for a month I laid in the hospital bed worrying about my sweet boy. They gave me steroid injections for his lungs and medicine to regulate my blood pressure. They decided it was best to take me at 34 weeks for a c section but Carter has different plans and at 33 weeks 3 days we got bumped up due to how small he still looked and I had 3 hours to prepare for it. I was so nervous (more for the spinal than surgery) which wasn’t near as bad as I expected and although recovery is rough I wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. He’s 4 days old now and doing well on his own, just a little thing at 2 lbs 9 oz. I love my sweet boy so much and I can’t wait for him to be healthy and come home with us. 💙 #preeclampsiaisabitch