Now I feel like a horrible mommy!!! New report -95% of tested baby foods in the US contain toxic metals!!!

AB

Just read the CNN article about 95% of store bought baby food in US having heavy metals (lead, arsenic, etc).

I feel like an awful momma now!!

Basically I’m likely poisoning my son by feeding him store bought foods! 😟😩

We both work full time and though I have aspirations of cooking my boy fresh foods and pureeing and prepping for every meal all the time, we barely get our own meals made.

Between work and baby chores there’s barely any time to get any of it done.

And yes BLW is an option for some but not us, as baby is with family during the day (when he eats all meals) and we aren’t comfortable having them do it as they aren’t used to it and it’s got a much higher chocking hazard. We feel like it’s too much of a risk to ask others to do. I barely make it home at night to give him his last bottle and get him to bed let alone cook him a meal and feed it to him. And yes my husband is amazing and does a ton for baby and me. We are both just so busy with work.

But now we will need to figure something else out because we sure as heck can’t let him eat that stuff anymore.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/17/health/baby-foods-arsenic-lead-toxic-metals-wellness/index.html