Opinions on upgrading engagement ring years later?

When me and my husband got engaged and married we did not have a lot of money and lived paycheck to paycheck. My engagement ring is very modest but has so much sentimental value. He always said even after he proposed that one day I will upgrade your ring to something much nicer. Now years later we are blessed to make much more money and have a nice savings and live a very comfortable live style. I know now we can comfortably afford a much nicer ring. Part of me would be very excited to go ring shopping for something beautiful that I will love. I don’t wear any jewelry except my engagement ring and wedding band and occasional fake necklace lol. The other part of me feels that a new ring wouldn’t feel the same since it’s not actually my engagement ring but it would be so nice to have a really nice diamond ring on my finger. I catch myself noticing others engagement rings and thinking how gorgeous they are, so I guess I do sometimes want something else. I feel like some people see my ring and think it’s just a ring I’m wearing or a promise ring since it doesn’t look like your typical engagement ring. I hope I’m not coming off as materialistic or ungrateful for my ring because that’s not the case I love my ring for its sentimental value and even with a new ring I know my original would always be more special to me. So my question is what’s your opinion on upgrading a engagement ring years later? Do you think it’s fine? Or tacky?

Vote below to see results!