Phone line// UPDATED

Okay y’all, so I have a phone on my boyfriend’s mom’s account. I give her $100 a month for my line, but lately she’s been really rude to the both of us about the whole phone situation. My boyfriend’s hours at work have been cut significantly so aside from our other bills, he hasn’t been able to give her his portion in full. We have Verizon and downloaded the app to manage our devices and ended up having access to see how much we owe monthly per line. Turns out she’s been charging us each more than what is necessary monthly 🙄. Because we don’t want to be monetarily tied to her any longer we went and checked out some phones yesterday and were thinking of getting our own lines. We still owe money on our phones on her account, what would be the best route to take?

UPDATE: I got in contact with another carrier, if we bring a copy of our bill and the pin associated with each phone they’ll pay off the remaining balance. That’ll allow us to open up our own account!! We asked his mom for the pin since she’s the account holder and she started saying that I’m a bad influence and he just goes along with whatever I say and that we shouldn’t have gotten into her account and soo much more. She also said that we owe her for this month and next month (even though I’ve already paid her for this month and won’t even be on her plan anymore next month.) this bitch really is so dumb lmfao.