Help a fellow momma out!!!

Att to all my mommas out there, it’s another momma here needing a little bit of advice in creating a better routine. Better structure for my 8 year old.

I am a single mom with a very amazing & sweet little boy. But just like any kid he has some things we need to work on ASAP to help him learn a little more responsibility at his age. What it means to be a big boy & understanding there is a time to play and time to work. I have talks with him and he seems to be tuned in and he loves it when I share things that happened to me as a kid growing up to be a big girl but I need to put things into practice.

I take full responsibility for allowing things to be so casual prior to this 🤦🏽‍♀️ . I should’ve been developed a better routine for him but here I am trying to incorporate something so that our home can be way more peaceful. I feel like I fuss at him way too much & because he is soooo emotional (JUST like I was when I was little) he cry’s or tries so hard to hold it back when I speak in a very stern voice (that is not really stern at all lol). He is really a wonderful little boy like I can’t even explain🥰 but he is always in a whole other world about 75% of the time when it’s time to get the important things done & he takes not listening to a whole new level.lol.

What are some things you do to help Encourage your kid, keep them on task? And here’s a BIG ONE what are some homework tips you can share-motivating them to get it done? Or may rewards systems? Anything🥴😊