Impatiently waiting...

Magdalena • 👶🏻7 May 2020, after 11 years TTC w/ PCOS. Married in Barbados, Sept 2016. Zoologist. Line manager

C’mon dad, check your letterbox!!!

I am exactly 12 weeks today and my dad lives 250 miles away. I was 5 weeks pregnant when I went to stay with him, his girlfriend and my brother for a week for my birthday (but we didn’t know yet). We speak regularly on the phone but rarely see each other - holidays from work, etc

My husband and I have only told people on a need to know basis up until now (managers at work, my mum who lives with us as I didn’t want her to worry if I started throwing up all the time), but next I wanted my dad and my husbands parents to know before we tell anyone else.

It’s been almost 11 years TTC full of disappointment, BFNs, every kind of failed <a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">fertility treatment</a> you can think of including

<a href="https://glowing.com/glow-fertility-program">IVF</a>

and 6 weeks ago I realised I was 3 weeks late for AF - BAM 🌈 👶🏻 - no idea how, I’d pretty much given up a couple of months before we’d miraculously conceived.

I sent my dad a card that says “Dad, I have something to tell you” and there’s a little envelope stuck on the front with a mini card inside that says “you’re going to be a grandpa” - I wrote open first ↗️ next to it and then stuck a copy of my 11 week 5 day scan inside. Sent it yesterday first class on my way to work so it should have got there this morning...

He’s been working from home the past few months and I KNOW he’d call me as soon as he saw it, so either he just hasn’t checked the post yet or he’s looking after my little brother today and won’t check until the evening. I want it to be a surprise so I don’t want to call or message him and tell him to look... C’MON!!! 😂

No idea what he’ll say but I doubt he wouldn’t be happy (husband thinks he’s going to kill him 🤣)

Unless he has already opened it and fainted from shock 🤔 🤷🏼‍♀️

Damn it! Lol

———

UPDATE

———

Dad just called, he’s been looking after my brother so only went out to get the post when his girlfriend came home from work half an hour ago.

He said it’s taken 30 min for him to calm down enough to call 🤣 he nearly fell over but he was very happy 😊 going to go visit again when I’m on maternity leave in February

He said of course he’s not going to kill my husband, but don’t tell him that lol! 🤫