Where to start

🌻

Hey ladies! I don’t know who else out there might need this. But I wanted to share a few things that have drastically improved my experience as a stay at home mom. As well as just my overall confidence in general.

So when I first started staying home, I basically was just a whole hot mess of struggle train. I was lazy and put my focus into pointless things that did nothing to help my life. I really didn’t like being in my house or having anyone over because I was embarrassed and wanted to “ignore the problem away”. This lead to lowering my self confidence and spending way more than I needed to.

However, a few months ago, I found a couple of different resources online that have completely changed my whole world. I cannot believe how on top of things I am, how much I am able to accomplish, and how much better I feel about myself overall.

I hope this doesn’t sound like a sales pitch because these things are totally and completely free. Just want to help someone out if I can.

So here you go:

1.) the flylady. Ok if you haven’t heard of her or her systems, be warned she is a little funny and a little outdated. But holy cow. This has changed me so much in the way I manage my house. She breaks things down into super super doable and manageable pieces. It has really helped me to structure my week and never get too overwhelmed with trying to do everything. My house has never been cleaner and I don’t feel ashamed to have anyone over anymore.

-I should add... I went to my local library and discovered they have a whole online app where you can get books, audiobooks, music, and shows on your phone for free. So I was able to listen to her audiobook (can’t remember the title, but you can find it on her website flylady.net) while I do my morning routines and it was great!

2.) this one is my favorite... Jordan Page of Fun cheap or free (funcheaporfree.com). Oh my goodness. If you don’t know her, you need to. This woman is AMAZING! Go find her on YouTube and binge watch her videos to change your whole life and your parenting game. Seriously. Amazing.

If you don’t want to commit to watching all of her stuff, just check out her block schedule idea to totally change the way you look at your day and schedule. It’s so so so helpful and it has allowed me to not feel guilty about how I spend my time.

Ok those are my biggest SAHM game changers. I would love to know what other people’s are. And I would also love some new podcast recommendations. What are y’all loving right now??