3 weeks, almost - what works so far...

Brandie

I cant believe shes been here for almost 3 weeks already. Breastfeeding is tough especially in those first few days before your milk comes in. I almost gave up and had a very big cry session. My husband had two crying babies to take care of that night.

We are starting to understand one another and her cries are becoming apparent as to what her issues are.

We are slowly moving away from being a night owl and she is finally starting to sleep in her bassinet. The first 2 weeks was tough, she only wanted to sleep either on mine or daddy's chest. We are definitely sleep deprived but our strategy to get 3 hrs a piece between feedings at night is working! He sleeps, I feed baby- he burps and puts down baby while I sleep.

Also something that's been working out, is she falls asleep on our chest and we are transitioning her to her back to sleep on our laps. Then move her to her bassinet. This is a routine we've had to do over and over again to get her used to sleeping on her own. But again, we are getting there. Shes also used to sleeping during the day with the tv on, so we leave the tv on at night really low and she seems to like that as her background noise- does not like complete silence.

FTM- Its tough but we are enjoying her so much. And it helps that shes so darn cute!!