What do do? Sleep regression ...

Waffle33

Ughhhh so going on week 3 of this sleep regression and I’m not only losing my mind, but physically I’m suffering as well. I was sick this week, and I’ve basically had an ongoing headache for the last 5 days. My son used to sleep 4-6 hours straight in the bassinet, and now we’re down to maybe one 30 minute stretch, and the rest of the night he’ll only sleep in my arms or beside me in bed. But I’ve been stubborn and will spend every hour of the night trying to get him to sleep in the bassinet because I hate bed sharing and was determined not to do it with this baby, save maybe an hour in the morning or nap or something. So as a result I’ve been sleeping a total of maybe 3-4 broken hours a night for the last 2 weeks, because once he’s awake in the bassinet, I’ve got to try to get him to sleep again. The last 3 nights have been horrendous. I’ll get so agitated because I can’t get him down that I’ll just lay there, my whole body tight as a drum, and just cry for an hour, and I can’t relax enough to go back to sleep (even after I give in and let him sleep next to me). The other night I was awake for 3 hours, just crying and trying to force myself to relax.

So, I’m just wondering what the best option is...do I just give in and bed share, for my sanity? Do I keep trying to get him in the bassinet? I just don’t know how much longer I can do it. Every night I keep hoping it’s the night he snaps out of it. 😫😫