$75 for 3d ultrasound, or $175 for 5d?

Taylor • Harrison, 12/2019 Everly, 04/2022

I am a first-time mom. Because my husband already has four children from a previous marriage and he is significantly older than me, he only wants to have one child together and I told him I was okay with that as long as it's a boy. We are having a boy!! And I'm very excited and have basically been obsessed with this baby / pregnancy ever since I found out I was pregnant on April 16th this year. I'm currently 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My due date is December 21st. Because this is my only pregnancy, I've been a little spoiled LOL I've gotten many ultrasounds at this ultrasound clinic that is near our house. It's 70 to $80 every time we go. And I've had two ultrasounds at the doctors. The ones that the doctor are super low quality and you can't even see the face really. One was the confirmation ultrasound at 6 weeks, the other was the anatomy scan at 19 weeks. I will post 1 picture from all the ultrasounds we've had.

My question is this: would you get your last ultrasound from the 3d place we normally go to (approx $75) or pay to go to this other place that's a ways from our house but has a great reputation, great photos, clearly able to see facial features, etc.? This other place is $175 for 15 mins and 4 printed "5D" photos. They said they guarantee a second appointment for free if you can't get a good look at the baby's face. So you are guaranteed to see your baby, and what he looks like. It's been so many weeks since the last ultrasound, and he's basically a full baby at this point and I can't wait to see what his little face looks like!! But with a price difference of $100, I'm wondering if you girls think it's worth it. I think of these as forever keepsakes, marking the progression of my only pregnancy, as well as a way to see my son and connect/bond. My husband and stepdaughters also love seeing him.

Side note we do get one more ultrasound from the doctor at about 34 weeks. But like I said, that's essentially for medical purposes only... Like measuring the baby's progression and checking on my cervix etc. It's very hard to make out any kind of features because it's just the grainy black-and-white images.

What have you guys paid for your ultrasound clinic visits? And how did your pictures turn out? How do they compare to the ones that I have? Thanks in advance for reading this LONG thing and responding ❤

6 week conformation ultrasound from doctor's office

10 weeks; ultrasound clinic

15 weeks; ultrasound clinic

19 weeks; anatomy scan at doctor's office.

24 weeks; the last one we got at our ultrasound clinic 7 weeks ago

Thank you for your input!!!