Anxiety about my hair

emma

So I’ve been having this weird spiraling anxiety about my hair for the past year i think. I’ve always had thicker hair, it’s my security blanket and something most of the time i don’t hate about my appearance(i am trying to get better) and there are times where i go into these dunks where i worry and worry and worry about it thinning. I am like this for days up to several weeks. It’s been 2 weeks now. My mom will tell me it’s fine and to shut up about it, and when i ask her about it she will usually not respond for minutes which only makes me feel more awful about it. My sister and brother and dad tell me my hair looks fine and i even went to get a hair cut just to ask the ladies if my hair looked thinner(she said it was great) but i still spiral about it. It’s getting longer and it’s freezing outside which makes me think it’s making my hair more oily(i have very oily skin and hair). And lately i feel like there’s less there and idk if it’s just me freaking myself out but i feel like I’ve been seeing more shedding(that one I really think is just me freaking myself out, I’ve counted the hair i shedded before and I’m starting to want to do it again). I know i sound crazy but i am just stuck in this cycle and my mom really doesn’t help with her being so unsupportive and such.

Is this normal looking?

This too

I know it’s a stupid thing to worry about, that there are more important things to worry about but my hair is often times the only thing i feel good about in terms of my appearance and it is very important to me. It makes me feel pretty and since i was little I’ve been complimented for having thick hair so it’s just a thing set in my brain that it needs to be super thick or I’m not pretty or whatever idk. I’m sorry for wasting people’s time bc I’m pretty sure it’s completely normal and i just need to balance out the oils in my hair bc it gets flatter when it’s more oily and i probably should change shampoo, but it still gives me anxiety and i feel really invalidated because of my mom. Thanks for reading this far i guess :(