One last shot at breastfeeding

Kate

Hey all,

So I've posted a few times about needing breastfeeding help and I keep going back and forth on what to do. My son is now 1 month old and since being born we have struggled with breastfeeding. It started out that he did not know how to latch, then got mastitis, then an infection of my nipples, and finally we found out he had a tongue tie. We went to his pediatrician and while waiting for his tie to get clipped (he was 3 weeks and still not up to his birth weight) they recommended that I breastfeed him for 20 mins supplement with formula (2 oz) and then pump for 20 mins. We had the tie clipped and I tried exclusively breastfeeding, but he would eat for 1 hour and be hungry 20 mins later. I ended up going back to supplementing because I was scared he'd lose weight again. Even before when he was losing weight he was still having plenty of wet and poopy diapers so I feel like it's not a great indicator of if he's getting enough. I'm trying to give breastfeeding one last shot and I'm looking for some input. Is he gonna go through a cluster feed since putting him back on just breast milk? Do I just let him rotate boobs all day? It seems like that's all he wants to do. How many days of this should I expect? How do I tell if he's getting enough? Thanks for all your help! Sorry I'm a mess lol