Need your opinion..is this weird?

Some friends are throwing me a sprinkle/baby shower for my twin girls. It's super casual and at park. It's also on a Sunday morning because that's the only day we were avaliable.

A couple years ago I became a Christian and lost 90% of my friends because of my decision. Of the friends I have left most of them are either guys or live out of state.

This made me really nervous about saying yes to the baby shower but I didn't have one for my son and always had a small regret about it.

The problem is I really only had like 10 girls I could think of to invite (I mean I made it open to families but the guys want to stay home and watch football so it's basically ladies or couples)..and about half of them can't come. I don't have any family really that live here and it's such a small thing it's not the kind of thing people will fly in for out of state (some are coming to visit after babies are born)

This means my 2 friends will have put all this effort into planning the shower and decorations and maybe like 4 or 5 people are going to show up. It makes me feel really bad like their efforts will be wasted.

I belong to a moms group for multiples but I just joined and don't know many people and definitely not many well. Do you think it would be weird or desperate, or even come off greedy, for me to post on their group facebook group that we're having the sprinkle/shower and that they're all invited?