It’s like the novelty wore off 😔

Our baby is 10 days old, up until today my SO was amazing. To the point where in the back of my head I would be thinking ‘for god sake put her down’ but I didn’t because he only had 2 weeks off so I’ve wanted him to enjoy his time off as much as possible.

He’s never been a morning person or someone who coped well with lack of sleep, I’ve been doing the night feeds anyway as she’s breastfed but inevitably she might make a bit of noise and wake him but he goes back to sleep pretty quickly.

This morning he’s woken up in such a weird mood, he wouldn’t change her nappy, I was expressing some milk after a feed when she started crying in her crib but rather than pick her up/soothe her he ignored her even after I asked if he could settle her so had to detach myself from pump and soothe her myself.

I asked him what was wrong but got the typical guy response of ‘nothing’

Now he’s gone out to wash the car and he walked out without a goodbye to either of us. I keep thinking I’ve done something wrong but I know I haven’t.

Has anyone else’s partners been a bit up/down in attitude since little ones arrived? I feel very alone right now but I guess he might be feeling a bit down that his time at home with her is coming to an end?