sorry for this long post but i need some advice..

Mel

so my husband and i have been married for a year & a half and we have been ttc since our wedding night.. most of you would probably say “go to the doctor”

well this is where it gets tricky, neither of us have doctors, never really had check ups, etc. we’ve only ever really went to like a walk in clinic if we needed antibiotics for strep or something like that. we’re pretty healthy so we actually don’t even have insurance (neither of our jobs provide or we probably would) we decided we’d just save the money we’d be spending on insurance.

we’ve done & researched all the things we could to conceive more naturally & no luck so far.

i’m very fortunate when it comes to my cycle, it’s very predictable & always shows up relatively on time.

my husband had undescended testes when he was born but i believe they caught it right away and fixed the problem, he also works outdoors year a round.

so, with a little bit about us, i guess my main question is what kind of doctor do we go see? should we start out with a family doctor or should we find fertility doctors right away?

i know a year & a half is not much to some of you lovely ladies but if i could get a little advice to speed things along that would be awesome.. i’m just in a rut right now, a little lost and don’t know what to do.. thanks in advance, i really appreciate it!