I don't deserve him

We've been best friends for 10 years. The bestest best friends ever. Years ago (like 6 maybe) he asked me out on a date. I laughed. Shoved him. Said shut up you weirdo. And that was the end of the conversation.

He got married. Started a family. I started dating someone. I had a baby. All the while remaining my best friend! Things started to go downhill in his marriage. It sucked. His wife turned out to be awfully angry and abusive and used drugs excessively. He took his two kids and showed up at me door. Why? Because hes my best friend.

Now we're both single parents because neither of our relationships worked out. I was crushed when my babys dad left just days before I gave birth. And who was right there to pick me up when I was down? My best friend.

And then just the other day we're with all of our kids in IKEA (yes we jokingly call them all OUR kids)

And he was like this is the life I want. I should have married you first. I laughed super nervously because that's how I'm wired. I know I'm nuts.

I don't deserve him and never realized how perfect we could me because I said no to him all those years ago. But somehow we found our way back to each other.

Now we're engaged. We're a family. I love him so much. I'm thankful and so blessed