Child support and domestic violence question

Dawnn

We are in canada, alberta.. So my son's dad has been charged by us, for assault with weapon, he tried to stab me and our baby, he cannot come near us or contact us, but since he has no previous criminal records, they released him on this bond with the charge, so basically.. my question is.. since he is able to keep everything, his house, his car, his job, all of our belongings, and we have to start over (I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have a 1 year old) can I apply for child support? Him and his family are also trying to turn I on me saying I was the one who encouraged his behavior and mental health problems when I did no such thing, my baby and I were asleep and woke up to him drunk when he started treatening to kill us, I just don't know what my next steps should be.. I feel like it's me and my son and unborn baby against him and his whole family, and right now.. it feels like he's getting sympathy for what happened.. we do have a past of domestic violence but I always dropped it to fix things with him because he says he changed and got a house for us and we had everything, til this happened, I know now not to ever go back because he might actually kill us if we ever do go back.. we won't.. can someone give me advice on how to go about this?