Should I go for it?? HELP!!

so there’s this guy I like, and I don’t know if he feels the same way like this dude just kept staring at me in class but then would look away, he made the effort to go the same route as me last time and even today he tried to go with me but didn’t go coz he saw that I was talking to another girl. In class, he just talks to me and is very playful. I don’t know if he has a thing for me or not, or maybe he wants to be friend!!! IDKKK I NEVER FELT THIS WAY BEFORE HELP!!

( when we first met in our class and introduced ourselves it was seriously a weird vibe like we would catch each other staring at one another 💀😭)

but he smokes which is major turn off for me and even though I decide “ IM NOT GONNA HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM” he just makes it worse by conversing with me more AGHHHHH!!!! How do I forget this stupid feeling already, THIS GUY IS INVADING MY HEAD, ID TRY TO DISTRACT MYSELF BUT NO HE JSUT POPS UP AND I CANT EVEN SLEEP AHHHHH

I wrote this coz I wanted get this off my stupid chest mostly but on a serious note what do I do?? I want his number and ATLEAST be his friend but still idk . A girl who has focused more on her studies and stuff and growing up in a strict household I never had the chance to experience things like crush and stuff and now that I do imma mess 😭 pls help