Suddenly suicidal in the past month and failed nursing school...

I am 6 classes away from graduating.

In the past month, I have been so stressed from class and clinical. My sleep schedule is totally off, I failed both my classes this semester, cried so much, and I tried so hard...

I haven't been suicidal for at least 2 years, and am not entirely sure why there has been a change in my health so suddenly. All I can point it to is my birth control Nexplanon (had for 2.5 years) and stress from school... It was not like this last semester though..

I have been feeling more depressed than ever and my anxiety skyrocketed, each of these led me to suicidal thoughts. I do not have to kill myself, but I did have them here or there.

I went to my doctor 3 weeks ago at school clinic and I thought my depression was not so bad so I just asked for an increase in my depression meds, but she refused to increase it.

I was so busy with school, I need to make a doctor's appointment asap.

I have now failed my classes and I just need a break from school for a bit. I am 20.

Will the doctor sign off on extenuating circumstances and write a little note for the school to show that I had a change in health? I live in the USA and do not know how to explain or ask my doctor... I feel so weak and like a failure...