Emotional Day

Today was something else, it went in no way the way I planned it to but I’m happy with the results. My SO and I have been TTC for a few months now, I’m only 19 and he’s 21. We haven’t really told anybody that we were trying for personal reasons, a few close friends knew but that was it. Well about 3 weeks ago, I got my BFP, we were ecstatic, we still are. It became even more real after the OB confirmed my pregnancy and scheduled my first appointment. I’ve been racking my brain for ways to tell my mom because I was terrified due to her constantly making comments about her wanting to be an old grandma, and her opinion is very valuable to me. Today I went and saw my cousin, who has been with me from the start of our journey, the first person besides me and my SO to know I was pregnant. She begged me to tell my mom and my aunt as they were finally together and that doesn’t happen very often. But I was TERRIFIED. My cousin was recording and kept telling me to do it (not in a negative way, she was just excited). So I fought through my anxiety and managed to hand my mom my positive test. She cried. It’s not how I imagined she’d react, she was super happy for me and my SO and is VERY supportive. This all made me cry. The support I got from my aunt and my mom in that moment was very surreal and I know this baby is going to be loved. My mom even wants to go to my first ultrasound. My due date is July 14, 2020 and this will be our first pregnancy. We are very excited and I’m so happy to have the full support of my mother. And even though we haven’t announced to anyone else, I’m glad we have this small bubble of support. It makes it so much easier.