LDR without English?

Denzurabiko

I'm curious, is there anyone else out there in a long distance relationship with someone who doesn't speak English? Do you ever have any communication issues (if you speak their language)? Do you worry that it will get harder because of the language gap?

Bit about my LDR:

I'm British but I live in the very north of Japan. But my bf lives down in Tokyo (he is Japanese). Because of work etc we don't get to see each other often but we talk a few times a week. I speak Japanese but he doesn't speak English at all. So all of our communication is done in Japanese. He's a bit older than me, I'm 29, he's 42. (looks much younger though). We've been together for about 18 months now. He is the sweetest guy I've ever met. He really makes me feel loved when we're together. He does lack a bit with the communication but his work is really busy so he doesn't have much time free and is super exhausted when he gets home. But I'm okay with that.

Next April, I'll be closing the gap between us and moving to Tokyo which is super exciting and terrifying at the same time. But it all depends on if my company can transfer me there.