Drawbacks to Abortion?

Arianna

So this is sort of related to my last post asking about my OBGYN appointment, but it's also sort of separate and it won't let me edit my post so I'm making another one.

So my mom had me schedule an OBGYN appointment (on my own since I'm 19 now), and my last post was asking if my boyfriend would be allowed to come with me.

A lot of people assumed it was a prenatal, but it's actually just my first OBGYN appointment ever. I just never got around to scheduling an appointment with one until after I found out I was pregnant.

Anyways, after talking with my family about it (I told my mom, my mom told my brother and my dad while I was at work), we all understood that it was in my best interest to terminate the pregnancy as soon as I can. I still live with my parents, my boyfriend lives with his, we're both going to school, I'm working part time minimum wage, he's struggling to find work. We can't take care of a baby right now.

Now I know it's a controversial topic, but I'm not asking if I should or shouldn't. I have to go through with this decision or I'll just make life harder for everyone involved, including my baby if I went through with the pregnancy.

I still have yet to schedule with planned parenthood, but I wanted to know if there's anything I should prepare myself for when my appointment comes up. Is there any physical pain? Physical discomfort? Or if you ever had one, how did it affect you emotionally?

I'm scared, but I'm also thankful that I have this kind of thing available to me. My boyfriend didn't take the option well, but he understands that it's the best one we have at the moment. I know that he's scared that this will affect him emotionally to the point where he doesn't know if he'll want to have kids after this. It's only been a few weeks, but we've been emotionally invested into this baby we aren't ready for.

If it helps, I'm only about 5-7 weeks pregnant. Not sure exactly how long, but that's the rough estimate. I know there are different types of abortions so I figured this info might help.

Sorry, it's kind of a long rant, but I really do want some advice or heads ups if anyone's willing to give any.