Real Friends

Av

I don’t know who needs to hear this but here it goes.

I’m in a really good friend group. We have been together since 6th grade and even through the whole starting middle school (lots of friend groups can break up) we stayed together. We are currently in 8th grade (I know, not very long, but it feels like we’ve been together forever). Before finding this group, I had lots of friendship trouble in elementary school. My current group is kind, good, and fun. Here are just some reminders of what makes up a good friend group that everyone deserves:

1. We support each other. We don’t tear each other down. We celebrate each other’s accomplishments and provide supports during their low times.

2. We are honest with each other. There are no silly secrets (though we do know boundaries and we don’t expect to know everything).

3. Everyone is kind, and loving. We tease but love each other. I would do anything for them and I can expect the same back. However, we don’t demand attention from one another.

I know that some of you are currently going through stuff, and EVERYONE deserves friends like these. Don’t be afraid to stop hanging out with people who tear you down, who do dangerous stuff.