2.5 year old and his favorite Blanket

Shania • Married to a King 👑 3/24/2016 Mommy to a Prince 👑 4/7/2017 Mommy to a Princess 👑 4/6/2020

So my 2.5 year old son has this blanket. It is blue with monkeys on it. He carries this blanket everywhere with him. He has to have it with him in the car, outside playing, in the store, ANYWHERE! Lord help me if I have to wash it. He throws a temper tantrum every time I put it in the washer. If he sees it while I put it in the dryer, he tries to get it and I tell him "no no" and he throws another fit. If we are leaving the house, we have to distract him with a toy car to be able to get the blanket but the second he notices he dont have the blanket (like 5 seconds after we shut and lock the door) he hands me his car and says "momma blanket please"...did me and my husband just make a live version of Linus Van Pelt off Charlie Brown?!?! Any other mommas who's kids have a favorite toy or blanket? If so how did you get them to LET IT GO?!?! (To wash the blanket or stuffed toy, not taking it away forever lol)

Him with said blanket (dont mind the stained carpet, we are replacing all the carpet in our house and havent gotten to his room)