Pumping

Brittany

I feel like I’m doing something wrong, or my milk supply is disappearing. I’ve pumped 6 times today and got around 13.50oz. My baby is eating between 16-24oz a day so I’ve been supplementing the nights feedings with formula and cereal (doctor recommended for acid reflux). I’d like to pump at least 8 times a day but I’m lucky if I get 6 pump sessions. Just not enough time when I’m doing everything myself. My SO was sooo supportive with BF before the babu was even born, but as time has gone by he says “just give her formula”. But that’s not what I want so I guess I’m on my own with this struggle. I need to produce more.. I know I can power pump, I’ve done it before. But I need someone to be able to pay attention to the baby during that time. If I could do it while she naps that would be great but I never know when I’ll actually get her down for a nap!

Ie been eating oatmeal at least once a day, drinking tons of water, tried body armor drinks, snack on granola/ granola bars... breast massage before pumping, warm my pump and/or put hot wash cloths on my breast before pumping.

Anyone have suggestions to increase milk supply that doesn’t cost a ton of money? Any suggestions are appreciated!! :)