My 2 year old hit a baby

Natalie

A couple weeks ago I brought my 2 year old to the park. She has constant energy and just runs around like crazy. Anyway...we had been there about an hour and she say 2 older boys play wrestling, thought it was hilarious, and took off onto the jungle gym thing and was running on it and I thought she was just going to run down to the other side to go off of it so I followed her by going around it to meet her there. Well in her path was a baby who was probably somewhere between 9 months-1 year old crawling with her mother right behind her. I saw this and sped up a little bit and as I’m going, I had my eyes on my daughter. Then I saw her bring her arm all the way back and hit the baby in the head. I ran the rest of the way, grabbed her, told her no that’s not nice, we don’t hit and now we’re going home. I quickly apologized to the mother and made a beeline for the car. I was mortified and embarrassed. I know she did it because she’s in the phase of “monkey see, monkey do” and had seen the boys play fighting and then thought hitting was a game.

Anyway so we went to the park yesterday and I saw that the mom and baby were there again (I’m almost positive it was the same people. And every time my daughter was going near them, she would scoop her baby up which is totally understandable. Idk I’ve been having anxiety about lol. I feel so bad that my daughter did that and the mother is probably like traumatized lol. I really hate that she probably thinks I’m raising my kid to be a little asshole and that I’m a bad mom 🤦🏻‍♀️