Baby eats soooo much

Tiffani

Hey mamas,

I have an almost 3 week old who eats soooo much. It’s usually right at the 2 hour feeding mark and he will drain both my breasts ( and I know he’s getting plenty of milk because it will drip down his mouth and on my chest) then he will fuss and cry and show hunger cues till we give him a bottle. ( We started supplementing with formula before my milk came in and since his appetite has increased the doc says to just keep supplementing if he’s still hungry.) He will drink about 2-3 oz of formula after being breast fed. He usually doesn’t spit up or anything so I don’t think he’s gorging himself. But it just seems like he eats an insane amount for his age. He is nearly 10 lbs, was 8 lbs 11 oz at birth. He’s been super hungry since birth so I’m not sure if it’s a growth spurt thing, I’m sure it still could be.

There are times he’s hungry again like an hour later and I just don’t know how. I know every baby is different and I want to feed on demand like he needs, I just want to see if any one else’s 3 week old ate this much.