Relationship

So I’ve been dated this guy for about 10 months almost a year and not once has he ever gotten me anything not one gift completely nothing. I have graduated from college and he tells me he got me something and doesn’t do or give me anything. When his bday arrived in June I didn’t get him anything because he wasn’t talking to me acted like he didn’t want to be with me . So then we started talking again and he said he was sorry and everything. So my bday comes and he doesn’t get me anything just takes me out to eat. Mind you he never has time for me he’s always busy we hang out sometimes. Christmas arrives and he got me a necklace in a dirty little ugly box no wrapping it nice no card chocolates nothing just here u go and that’s it. I said thank you but I was so sad and mad the one time you give me something you give it like that like I’m not important enough. And he told me to go outside n he was with he’s friend gave me the dirty box that had stains and left. He is a guy with a lot of money too so money wasn’t the problem.I was crying it hurt so much I told him and broke up with him. He’s so inconsiderate rude to me. Am I wrong in this? Do I sound ungrateful??