Am I in the wrong?

My daughter has been sleeping horrendously lately, she’s either been up every hour, won’t go down until midnight and the most she’s sleeping is is one 4 hour stretch. It’s been a massive struggle over the festive period with her out of a routine etc. We spent the night at the in laws the other night and she spent the whole night screaming until around 11pm, so they know what she’s been like. Last night wasn’t great again, so today I’ve just got her down for her last nap when my MIL phoned my husband (who is at work) and said she would be stopping by to see baby. When my husband called me to tell me, I asked if he could tell her we’d see her tomorrow instead as she’s napping and I want to make sure she gets a good sleep so she hopefully goes down better tonight. Is that wrong of me? It’s turned into a massive drama where my MIL is accusing me of not wanting them to be involved in my daughters life / saying they can’t ever visit, she’s also telling my husband it’s not fair on him I’m acting this way. She’s working tomorrow which I didn’t know until now, so I presume she’s kicking off as she won’t be able to see baby tomorrow. Am I in the wrong for asking for no visitors when my teething upset baby is napping? (She also has a cold so is struggling to sleep as it is)