My husband has a sleep disorder I think

My husband has never been easy to wake up. When our son was a newborn he often wouldn’t wake at night. I spent every night waking with our son for the first few months and if my husband did wake he would act confused and usually stay in bed. Then my son hit some pretty severe sleep regressions and I started asking my husband for more help. Besides, I was so exhausted. He never woke up to our sons noises or cries, but when I started waking him he often wouldn’t get up. He would sit up and listen to me and even talk, but then not get out of bed. I would say “can you get him?” And he would say “yes.” Then lay back down and go to sleep. It was frustrating and although I understood he wasn’t waking up it still didn’t help the fact that I was exhausted and didn’t get help at night.

Now my son is over a year old. Most nights he sleeps at least until 4 or 5 but lately he’s been getting up at one am. If my husband does wake up by his sounds or I choose to try to wake him he sits up but does weird things like tonight he started knocking on our bed frame, flipping our sheets up and down and then frantically searching for the cord to our baby monitor which was already plugged in. I asked what he was doing and he said “why does it matter?” So I left him alone since I didn’t want him to be angry and half asleep. Tonights episode was after I woke him because our monitor had an out of single warning that wouldn’t stop beeping and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Last time it did this my husband fixed it somehow pretty quickly. I am up reading about confusional arousal syndrome since I’m wondering if this is what he deals with. I am expecting baby number 2 and we have talked many times about him working on getting up at night to help more. He says he will but then acts like this at night. I know he isn’t in control, but does anyone have experience with a significant other like this when you have a baby? It also kind of scares me now if he is half awake to let him go get our son if he isn’t fully conscious.