Military and Military S/O

Amanda

So my boyfriend deploys out soon and he always jokes about being killed while he’s away. Earlier his brother reminded him that he owes him a beret and a scroll and he said “if I die you can have mine”. He knows that it hurts me when he says stuff like that, but he always says it’s just a joke babe!

I don’t care if it is a joke! Don’t say it! Especially when you know it hurts someone you love! This is his first deployment and we’re experiencing it together and I’m scared out of my mind! We both had/ have family in the military more his family more than mine. We’ve talked about deployment and he knows I’m scared for him to go but I’m not the type of women that’s gonna leave him for being in the military (like his ex 🙄) he’s doing what he loves and that’s all that matters to me. But I don’t know how to bring up AGAIN that I prefer for him not to talk about him dying while being deployed around me when he knows that it’s my worst fear. We’ve talked about the possibility of it happening but he keeps talking like he knows it’s gonna happen!

I feel like I’m being extremely dramatic about this please help!!