Issues with MIL

Claire

I don’t know if I’m overreacting or not but I have two month old twins. I started exclusively nursing them for the first month or so. They were born at 37 w 2 d and have always had issues latching/falling asleep while nursing. It got to the point where I had to just sit on the couch all day nursing one and then the other. I wasn’t sleeping at night either because one was always hungry and I couldn’t tandem nurse because of their latching issues. I started pumping and bottle feeding at night and eventually switched to exclusively pumping and bottle feeding them breastmilk. I’m very lucky I can make enough for both of them but they are both fed. Tonight my MIL asked me how long I breastfed them for. When I said a month she reacted like I should be ashamed I couldn’t still nurse them. I felt like I needed to justify why they weren’t still nursing! They’re both happy and healthy and fed. Why does it matter how they are fed??? Am I just overreacting or would anyone else be offended by that question? (The definition of breastfed baby is one that is fed by breastmilk so technically they’re still breastfed babies.)