Break up or begin a non-monogamous relationship?

Alrighty so I’m gonna dive in.

I’ve been with partner A for around 9 months. We’ve been fairly serious and even live together. Our relationship moved rather quickly.

I am a highly emotionally sensitive individual and require a partner who understands that and is emotionally available. My current partner is quite emotionally unavailable and has considered themselves to be aromantic. Whereas I have expressed considering myself to be more a an asexual.

I genuinely enjoy their company a lot and really love them. But I’m missing that emotional and spiritual connection with them. We have wonderful communication and work very well together logistically.

Ive been contemplating moving in with my parents up the street, my grandparents also live there. I am frequently there and my grandfather will be passing away soon. We at the house are trying to prepare for it. This would be a good opportunity to be with my family.

Now I’m thinking between two options to present and would like some advice.

In the past we have discussed nonmonogy and what that would mean for our relationship hadn’t it is something they would be open to. There is also someone I’m attracted to in one of my classes.

We’ve hit a rough patch the last few months and have been communicative through the whole struggle to emotionally connect better. I’m thinking some time apart would help our relationship but also good personal time for me.

On the other hand. I originally contemplated breaking up then and remaining friends. And this isn’t some dramatic teensy thing. We’re adults and filly prepared to maintain a relationship of some sort.

Hit me with it ladies 🤙🏻 please and thank you for all your thoughts ❤️