What should I do?

So I’ve been with this guy for a little over a month now but we’ve been friends since middle school and we’re seniors now.

His ex that he says used him and kept using him keeps texting him inappropriate things and it always bothers me that he doesn’t just delete her number, especially when he said he doesn’t like when she texts those things. On one of our first dates, she was trying to hook up again and he said no and that we were together now. Well she texted him again today asking if he’d go with her to her prom, knowing he’s with me. He told her no and she got mad saying he replaced her and threatened to kill herself. I’ve asked him before why he hasn’t blocked her number and he said he made a promise to always be there for her. These aren’t the only times she’s texted him and it still bothers me but I don’t know what to do. Can anyone give me some advice?

Also, he’s a really great guy but I’m trying to wait until marriage to have sex and my mom keeps making me feel insecure that he’ll give in to his ex because she’ll have sex with him. I seriously doubt it, but it’s still in the back of my mind.