Ex threatening to kill my boyfriend

My ex and I have been broken up for two years now because he cheated. I have been with my current boyfriend for 1 year. My ex and my boyfriend were friends a long time ago but that friendship ended before he and I even got together. Long story short, my ex keeps calling me saying how my boyfriend and I are going to get what we deserve one day and how he’s so intelligent that nobody would ever find him blah blah. I try to get him to say those things through text so I can have him on record but he doesn’t because he’s “too smart”. The reason I haven’t blocked him is because I truly believe he is crazy enough to try to hurt my boyfriend and i don’t wanna be left in the dark about where his mentality is. His own sister is getting a restraining order against him because he wants to kill her too. He has his mind made up that the reason I left him is because she was around which is not true. So you can tell I’m like the root of his anger towards everybody. He’s Very narcissistic and manipulative. I wanna say that he’s all talk but he reall is crazy. And I’m talking the kind of crazy you see on criminal minds where they have a history of killing animals(yes he’s done that many times). He killed his dog by slamming its head against the wall over and over again. I just don’t know what to do. I don’t wanna live in fear.