Telling My Baby’s Father

So as of right now I’m 8 weeks or so along, and I found out about my pregnancy on February 1st. I have told my closest support system, but not yet my child’s father. Me and him are pretty close friends with benefits. I was told at 15 that I had basically no chance of having a baby, so this is my little miracle. I haven’t had an opportunity to talk to the father yet and I’m super nervous about his reaction. He’s very mature, and understands we are both adults who knew the consistences of not using protection, but I’m still nervous about how he’ll respond

UPDATE:

Yes, I do understand he is the father, and that yes he has a right to know. Which I have no intentions of hiding this from him. But in order to help me figure all of this out, particularly if this goes badly, I needed the people I know will support me no matter his decision. The reason I haven’t told him in the 2 weeks I’ve known is because I needed to A) confirm my pregnancy with a doctor because of my medical history, and B) process myself, as I know he will need to, before taking the next steps.