Stepson’s mom

Black Gal

So my stepson has been living with us for the last month because his mom lost her apartment. Since he has been here his communication skills and grades have become better than the were. My problem is she doesn’t spend any time with him besides early in the morning before he goes to school for like an hour and about 15 minutes after school. Yesterday she was suppose to take him out to eat to spend time with him, she had us to drop him off over her sisters house. About an hour after we dropped him off she calls and say she is tired and we need to pick him back up but by that time we are already at our destination to spend some alone time. So we got our food to go so we could go back and get him. His feelings were hurt and it pissed me off because he was looking forward to it. I understand that stuff happens and people get tired from having to work but when it comes to your only child you should at least keep your promises. I’m not a parent myself but I raised my nephew until he was 8 and his mom got out of prison. Anything he wanted to do to spend time with me I made time for him no matter how tired I was.. I’m not trying to bash her, I just hate to see his feelings hurt from her breaking promises.