Found out I am pregnant again just hours after learning I have a potentially cancerous mass in my right breast...

Micah

I found a mass in my right breast on Friday. It’s oval shaped and about 2.5-3 inches.... it’s hard, rooted in place (doesn’t move under the skin), and is painless. All cancerous characteristics. I called my OB when they opened at 8 this morning and they said they wanted to see me today (I was just there 3 weeks ago for my yearly check, and this mass was not noticeable 3 weeks ago). I went in at 10:15 and my OB immediately saw and could feel the lump. She referred me to the hospital for an ultrasound and biopsy (breast tissue is too dense in young women for anything to be detected on a mammogram like 90% of the time). They are supposed to call tomorrow to get me in this week for the biopsy and ultrasound..... I found out tonight, just hours after realizing this could be cancerous, that I am pregnant. I am so over the moon excited because my husband and I had been trying for our second (this is my first month off birth control since I had my son a year ago), but I’m also terrified that this could be cancer.... I don’t even know how they move forward with a diagnosis like that with pregnant women. I have been so frazzled since Friday morning when I found the lump, that I never even realized I was late. I just needed to share because I am a total roller coaster of emotions.... Please pray that this is a benign tumor like a fibroadenoma or something similar. Im only 28 with a beautiful growing family and totally freaking out.