Weight Gain

Tina

I need to know if I’m being unreasonable for being annoyed... So, a little back story: I suffered with severe anorexia from the age of 12 until I was about 32. I’ve been doing extremely well for about 5 years (i am very proud of this fact). I’m currently 21w3d pregnant with #2 (our first is 17 months old) With my first I lost 10lbs bc of HG but gained a total of 40lb (all of which I had lost by my 6 week follow up appointment). My OB made really harsh comments about my weight with my first that REALLY bothered me so when I went back to him with this pregnancy I told him I didn’t want to focus on my weight, as long as the baby was healthy I was happy. Well, at my 8 week appointment I was 15 lbs UNDERweight so he told me I had to be careful and that I was too thin (duh! I was extremely stressed and suffering from really bad HG again). Fast forward to yesterday at 21w2d, I go to my regular check up and I had gained 5 lbs and he goes on a rant about me having to be careful about how much weight I’ve gained bc last month I gained 4lbs and this month I’ve gained 5lbs and if I’m not careful I’ll become obese 🤬🤯 I’m 5 months pregnant and just now at the lowest possible weight that the hospital would discharge me from treatment when I had anorexia. I’m just now, at 5 bloody months pregnant, at a healthy bmi and he is already making comments about me becoming over weight?!?! I’m furious. I’ve been on modified bed rest since 12 weeks because of a hemorrhage and heavy bleeding so I haven’t been able to exercise but I haven’t been over eating. I eat a balanced diet (treats when I want them but also plenty of fruits, veggies, proteins. Small meals and healthy snacks throughout the day). So his comments just seem so ignorant to me. When I reminded him that I didn’t want to focus on my weight he said “You are a skinny girl and I know you want to stay that way so I am just keeping you in check”... WTF?! I could understand if my weight was out of control and it was affecting my baby’s health but this is purely just about MY appearance which messes with my head. Am I wrong to be pissed?!

I would love to change dr’s but in my area you are assigned an OB based on your location and because of my Subchorionic Hematoma I cant see a midwife 😩😭