Newlywed Sex

Let me start off by saying that my husband is great, and absolutely the love of my life. Before we got married, he used to talk about how he was so excited to have sex with me (we waited), and all the things we would do; now, it’s almost like he’s never interested. I understand having different sex drives, and compromising. However, it’s almost every time I ask him if we can have sex, his response is either he’s too tired or not tonight. I’m starting to feel like there’s something wrong with me. I’ve explained to him that I feel this way and he tries to comfort me and calls me beautiful etc, but never gives me any reasoning as to why he was more interested in it before we were married as opposed to now. It’s almost as if the idea of having sex with me isn’t exciting to him (keep in mind this is just my perspective of the situation), but when we finish, he just puts his pants on and sits on his phone. When we talk about having sex, I never get an excited reaction, it’s more like a “sure we can tonight”. I feel like a healthy sex life is an important component for a healthy marriage, and I just don’t feel like he and I haven’t reached a happy medium. He’s happy having sex once a week or every other week, but even so, he never initiates it. I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m doing something wrong or maybe he’s not as interested in me as he was before. Any tips or advice? Anyone been through the same thing?