Did I do the right thing? LONG POST plz read

So my boyfriend and I have had our ups and down. My boyfriend isn’t the worst boyfriend but he does what he wants and sticks to it. When we fight I’m always there to reply text,call or in person. If he leaves I’m there waiting for him to come back home. My dad and boyfriend have never had the best relationship. But my dad has his reason s. My boyfriend has grabbed my arm,snatched my phone out my hands while trying to call my parents because I felt scared. My dad didn’t like that and my dad threatened my boyfriend. Months go by and my dad says I want to squash this drama and move on. My boyfriend refuses to talk to my dad and I’ve been going through this for a long time. So I said just do this for me and be done with it. He won’t do it. I said what if he calls you. He said I won’t answer. What if he comes to our apartment. I’ll leave. He’ll only text my dad about the problem. I’m crying and crying he was making sure I was okay. But I told him to just leave me alone. he told me I can come to him instead of him coming to me. I got tired of him not budging on talking to my dad so I didn’t listen to him. I walked away sat down. He walked up to me told me he’s leaving and when I wanna listen to him he’ll be back. I called him did what he wanted but he said something like I force him to talk to me. I pack my stuff for the night. Made sure the cats are okay food and water. I saw his vape and I knew he was coming back. He loves that thing. I texted him where are my keys because I couldn’t find them and he say I have no idea why. I didn’t reply he said why again I didn’t reply. He calls me and calls me. Four times in 30 minutes. I didn’t answer. Am I wrong for leaving for a night or so? Did I make a mistake? Because he left me in an apartment with no AC and didn’t care to ask if I was okay knowing I was upset. When he leaves I’m always there because I don’t wanna break up or leave. But I had my final straw. And both our names are on the lease of the apartment so it’s our apartment. My goal is to make things better and let him be alone for a night to teach him who’s really there for him and show him I’m not always gonna be there when he just wants to leave.

Vote below to see results!