I feel unappreciated

Misty

hey you guys, i want to get this off my chest cause it really just bothers me to keep it in , i’m in a 4 month relationship with my boyfriend. he is the most sweetest and caring guy ever but i just don’t feel like he genuinely cares. i sacrifice a lot for this relationship , such as me finding excuses to borrow my mom’s car and bring him food if he’s hungry, lying about my location to my mom etc. if i say i’m going shopping i’m really at his house spending time with him cause i love him like that. and because i love him it hurts me when i see he’s hungry, stranded some where or anything, if i can help i always do what i can but i feel like i don’t get the same energy in return. me i’m not a materialistic girl but only to a certain extent. example, for valentine’s day i got nothing and i’m not one to complain or expect anything but it’s the thought that counts right ? i went out of my way and got you a lil present with what i had and i got nothing in return. today he said he was hungry and i used the old “i’m going to the corner store” lie so i can buy him some food and bring to him, i give him the food and he doesn’t even say thank you, yes people forget i understand that but i feel like he just takes advantage of my kindness and kinda want me to feel sorry and act out of my kindness, lately i’ve doing a lot for him (ordering him ubers, buying him food) and just helping him out in general. idk it just angers me to think that i’m giving out all this energy and get nothing in return like idk what to do....i wanna talk to him about it but then it’s just gonna seem like i want him to buy me stuff but in reality i just want to feel like i matter to him cause atm i feel like a regular girlfriend when i KNOW for a FACT i’m special. me and this boy done been through so much in that last few months and i’ve stuck by him through it all...i just feel like he takes me for granted..😒