Coronavirus- delivery worst case fears please help!

Beth

Hi ladies, has anyone spoken to a midwife or hospital staff about what is going to happen in the coming months and how it will be for us ?

I’ve had people tell me there will be no beds or staff available to deliver baby, I won’t be able to get in a hospital when I go into labour, there will be no nappies/formula available in shops. The news is telling us now covid 19 can be spread from mum to baby in the womb. Theres been a case of a baby being born and immediately quarantined for a month. Cannot imagine missing out on the 1st month of my child’s life and how stressful it would be!😭

I suffer from anxiety anyway and am honestly worried sick about things getting worse, as they inevitably seem to be. (I live in the UK). I am due in 11 weeks, and my midwives seem to know just as much as I do, as it’s very unknown and new.

Has anyone heard anything reassuring or who personally know pregnant women who have either had coronavirus or given birth and everything’s been fine? Anything!? I need some form of reassurance or something because I am absolutely going insane worrying about what could possibly happen. X