Would you live in a basement?

Would you guys live in a basement with windows or without windows? When I was 7 I was raised in a basement because I was raised with my grandma and I would never live in a basement again my mom says well if it’s a nice basement but I told her enough basements for me there where rats in that shit and cockroaches my mom I saw her sometimes but I was raised by my grandma until 18 my grandma is a dirty person doesn’t shower at all for years hoards one her room doesn’t brush her teeth she says there are rats in every house and that is not true because my moms house doesn’t have rats and other houses of people I know don’t have rats she has always been controlling and liked living in a dirty place the had the chance to pick the apartment upstairs but chose to buy the basement years ago. She doesn’t understand that rats and mice are nasty and have diseases she just says oh yeah whatever your more dirty then rats and you were raised here in this rat house like you call it I always had to be embarrassed to bring friends over from school because they would see how it was a mess and how small it was hard to barely walk through. Once one boy from middle school went over to my house and I walkways had my nails painted in middle school makeup always wanted to look nice and had jewelry on but ones day this boy came over we were just friends of course innocent friendship and he was tall his head almost touched the ceiling because it’s a small ceiling so the next day at school they were talking about a topic I don’t remember what it was and the teacher described me as a queen because of how I looked each day at school so then he said well not really and another boy said why you say that and the boy whispered she lives in a basement. And they were like what. Sometimes 3 rats dead the same night on the glue trap