Am I over-reacting? Asking for too much?

Short version basically our daughters nearly 1, I find out my partners been gambling, drinking & god knows what else for a few months, things completely blew up and he smashed my home up, was arrested! Had all our friends lying to me about what he was up to and things. It all got me worked right up that those people who sit in my company mostly everyday would look me in the face and lie to me. Fast forward several weeks later we try giving things a go on the grounds he looks and takes support and therapy(for a number of reasons) I had asked him to let go of contact with the people he would gamble/drink with, I get some are impossible due to them working in the same job but to me they do not need to be friends. I had to go out one night and find him for our daughters wipes to which I was faced with him running away using a back door! This pushed so many buttons and it hurt a lot! Anyway what I’m asking is what you’d all do? I’m not sure how to heal? If I can forgive him? Or even work on what’s left of our relationship? Some advice would be great I’m absolutely going out of my mind these days