Help me out here ladies! (Warning a bit tmi)

Okay so hear me out... I’m still relatively young and I’m still trying to figure out my body and what I like etc. Recently I’ve started masturbating, and before I used to think it was weird for a woman to do it but than I realized how stupid that is and that it’s a natural thing for anyone to do... anyways, before I started I have had 3 sexual partners and none of the sex really did it for me (one guy I was very pleased with but still didn’t do it for me). Than I started asking around on this app and even asked some of my girl friends and they told me maybe I get off by clitoral stimulations. And they were right. So when I masturbate I do a lot of clitoral stimulation, penetration doesn’t do much for me but sometimes it helps, but when I’m starting to reach climax my clitoris starts to get super sensitive and it makes it a bit uncomfortable to keep going. I don’t know if I’ve orgasmed but if I haven’t I’ve come pretty close. I don’t know why I can’t go past a certain point of climax without my clitoris because extremely sensitive. Also after the whole area feels a bit enlarged or swollen, but not in a bad way it just feels larger, after a little bit it “cools down”. I just don’t understand can anyone help me?