Advice: is it the best thing to leave?

👪💖

So my boyfriend and I (26 and 27) and our two year old son all live in a house together with his family. It includes his dad, his sisters (in their 30's), the sisters two kids (3 + 4), his brother and his brothers husband (they werent present during this event).

So I'll start with what happened today. My boyfriend went upstairs and saw the 2 kids throwing things off of the banister (they are very badly behaved, mainly because their moms stay outside smoking for 20 minutes at a time leaving their kids running free in the house).

So he told one of the sisters to watch their kids cause they're throwing stuff off of the banister. His dad comes down and starts yelling at my boyfriend and hitting the wall when he literally didnt do anything. She was all like "shut up and mind your own business", then shoved him a little. This literally started a feud lol. I was tired of them yelling at the top of their lungs with their kids, and obviously my son, in the house and went upstairs to tell them to stop yelling, before the kids end up like this. Then his other sister said "well dad I guess you're going to be stuck living with the two bitches downstairs".

Now I dont tolerate people who I have been so nice to, or dont know me very well, calling me a bitch when I have done nothing to them. I told them I'm leaving with my son(this isnt the first time this has happened) because I want to get him out of this toxic environment. They were just saying "let them go, whatever".

My boyfriend is leaving too. I kinda feel bad for his dad because he's old but I have to put my son first. What do you think? Would you have left too?