33-34W baby dropped UPDATE

Angelika • 32 I Married I 🐶🐶🐱 I 👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻👼🏻 I 👧🏻

So in general baby dropping doesn’t mean labor is starting, from what I was told and read online it’s like a coin toss... you just never know!

Anyways... I posted on Friday that my baby girl dropped and is in my pelvis which I felt her drop at 33W and it was confirmed at my 34W appointment... well contractions have begun and I have officially started dilating!

I ended up having a contraction that Friday night that woke me out of a deep freaking sleep, holy cow it was scary. It lasted about 30 seconds then went away so at the time I thought it was just braxton hicks. I calmed myself down and after a while of nothing I went back to bed. Saturday and Sunday went by and nothing happened... that was until early this morning I had a few more contractions. They were very far apart and inconsistent but they were happening. Doctor told me to come in, so I got checked out and I am indeed having contractions and 1cm dilated! I wasn’t dilated at all at my appointment 4 days ago.

Now again, this doesn’t scream that she is coming out now. I could easily stay 1cm dilated for weeks but I wanted to share my story so far because I find comfort in reading other stories.

I am back home and taking it easy! Praying she keeps cooking for a little while longer!