Siblings breaking things

Emily

Ok so tonight we had all the kids over, all 6 of them. 5 are step kids and then I have my son whose 18 months. My step son who is 11 lives with us, the other 4 spend 50/50 between their mom and dad. So everyone is over we are watching a movie in the living room. My stepson keeps coming in an out of his room. He prefers to be in there playing video games and will occasionally come out and ask for the chips or something. I had set the iPad up in my room with a more kid friendly show since the 18 month old had no care for the movie we were watching. Well at some point the 18 month old went in my step sons room. I have talked to him several times about keeping his door closed since he hates when people go in there but he never listens to me. The 11 year old claims the 18 month old broke his headset. My step son had been pretty careless with his headsets in the past these are probably his 4th or 5th pair in 2 years. Well my boyfriend is making it seem like it was my fault for not watching the baby. My boyfriend says we have to go buy my stepson a new pair. My boyfriend and I both lost our jobs due to this virus ordeal. My unemployment is literally covering my bills not a cent more. I do have some money in savings but not as much as I should. What would you guys do? Would you buy the 11 year old a new headset right now?